- Flour for dusting
- Tart dough
- 10 ounces slab bacon lardons
- 3 larges eggs
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 cup of grated cheese
- On a lightly floured work surface roll out dough to 1/4 inch thick.
Cut out a 13-inch circle from dough.
Press dough onto bottom & up sides of an 11-inch tart pan with a removable bottom, trim dough flush with top edge of pan.
Prick bottom all over with a fork.
Transfer a rimmed baking sheet.
Freeze until firm for about 30mn.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees/ 180 degrees celsius
- Line tart shell with parchment paper & fill with dried beans.
Bake until dough starts to feel firm on the edges about 20mn.
Remove parchment & weights, continue baking until crust is pale golden brown, about 10mn.
Cool completely on a wire rack, leave your oven on.
- Cook bacon/ lardons in a large skillet over medium heat until browned for about 10mn. Transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.
- Instead of slab bacon you can put ham for a lighter quiche. I personally put 3 or a little bit more slices of ham.
- Whisk eggs, cream, a little bit of salt & pepper in a medium bowl.
Pour mixture into tart shell & scatter the bacon or ham on top.
- Top with grated cheese (rather gruyere)
- Bake for 30 to 40mn
- Cool at least 30mn before serving, (yummy with a salad)